We learn through stories
Small Business Owner
Staff of 15
Why I was contacted: Owner was facing a challenging economy. Profits were being eaten up by system-wide waste, low productivity and turnover
We discussed goals, identified priorities and then I began regular, monthly visits to work with staff on well-defined issues
- We began with key players to develop time management goals and a plan for getting there
- Software was utilized to develop paper and electronic filing systems to save staff time, money and frustration
- Team visits on a monthly basis to discuss implementation challenges, refine approaches and reach first level solutions
What happened? $750,000 savings was directly attributed to the engagement
Staff of 50
Why I was contacted: Economy required staffing cuts with stress for remaining staff running very high. Performance and productivity were hampered at a time when they could least afford it.
Although highly motivated, the staff was not really communicating which directly affects productivity
- Assessment was used to determine areas that were challenged
- Workshops developed based on challenges - one for key senior members and one for staff.
- Follow-up meetings and phone calls to uncover roadblocks, answer questions and learn about progress
Senior staff improved productivity and focus and spent more time on higher payoff items. Employees were saving about 15 minutes/day/employee in real time.
What happened? Anualized aggregate savings of $36,000.
Staff of 500
Why I was contacted: Budget cuts in various departments were causing increased stress and much lower productivity levels, especially on major projects requiring deadlines.
Agency Director had conducted staff survey and a request for organizing and time management training was on the top of the list
- Online needs assessment was conducted
- Customized workshop was created
- Four onsite workshops held over a 2-day period
What happened? Anticipated annualized revenue savings of $50,000.
Team of 12
Why I was contacted: Sales team performance and productivity were low.
Sales team in a fast-paced, demanding industry was experiencing high levels of stress and faltering productivity due to growing business demands
- Online needs assessment was conducted to determine areas of interest and challenges relating to time management.
- Workshop conducted
- Each member provided with coaching and follow-up mentoring.
What happened? Each member reported saving 30 minutes/day with an improved ability to focus on priorities. Sales increased 10%.
Home-based independent contractor
Why I was contacted: This solopreneur felt she was wearing too many hats and none of them well. She was stressed by running the business, trying to grow the business, maintaining a home, and trying to carve out time for herself and her family.
Mary was in the second year of her business experiencing success but wanting to grow it even more. The problem was clutter. She never learned how to organize herself, her desk, her files or her office ... which contributed to unclear or cluttered thinking.
- Determined her goals and priorities
- Learned a process to effectively manage incoming information
- Arranged an efficient, productive workspace based on her style
- Developed a workable, user-friendly paper and digital filing system
What happened? Mary’s new system helped her...
- Create a sustainable, working environment
- Understand key time management principles so she could continue maintaining her system long after I was gone
- Become more focused and able to cut her work week down to 40-50 hours, grow her sales by 10% and still have a life...without all the stress